The pool will be closed starting Saturday, August 26. The building will be closed for Shut Down Monday, August 28 through Labor Day, September 4 - More Details >>
volunteer at the y
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That's because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Board of Trustees and Committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y's efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and our community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a non-profit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community!
For a volunteer application please click here. Please drop the application off at the YMCA.